Monday, June 23, 2008

Water Bottle Shot

I hadn't taken a picture in almost a week and was wanting to do something creative last night. I had remembered an assignment from the Strobist website that I had seen many months ago but had not ever tried. The assignment was to pretend you had gotten the job to shoot an ad for a bottled water company, and of course, you had to use off-camera flash. We had a bottle of Dasani in the house so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'll tell you what I did and then show you the result:

I taped four pieces of white card stock together to make my seamless background. I took the glass from a picture frame in the house and set it on the "seamless". I placed the water bottle on the glass which gave me the reflection I was looking for. I set up an SB800 just to the left of the bottle and fired it at the background behind the water bottle. I then took another SB800, placed it to the right of the bottle, and bounced it off the ceiling. I used my 60mm Macro lens on a tripod to get the shot. Oh yeah, I also used a water spray bottle to fake a condensation kind of look on the bottle. It was fun and really didn't take too long. I added some text in Photoshop to complete the ad. Here's a setup shot:

wterbottleshot_1

and here's the final result:

wterbottleshot_2

If you feel like doing the assignment, please come back and post a link to your shot so we can all see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment