Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Self Portrait Assignment

Welcome back to Assignment Wednesday! I really want to see some of your self-portraits and how they turned out. The hardest part of this assignment was finding the correct focus while using the camera's automatic timer. Once I got that down, I fired off about 10 or so shots. Here's the one I kept:

ssignmentwednesdy1804289383846930886_1

I took this in my garage as I don't really have many places in my house that you wouldn't see toys in the background! I used two strobes, one at a 45* angle in front of me shooting through a Tri-Grip diffuser and one on the same line behind me for a back light. I fired the lights with the SU800 commander. I also used a white reflector to camera left to fill in some of the shadow side of my face. The blue circle on the floor was my mark. Here's a setup picture:

ssignmentwednesdy1804289383846930886_2

Anyway, that's it for this week. Please comment with your picture from this assignment.

Next week's assignment:

---KIDS---

One of my favorite subjects to shoot is my kids! They are so fun and are always coming up with new, funny expressions. Find a kid who will let you take their picture this week (make sure you know them!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment