Monday, June 2, 2008

Tamrac Expedition 7X

I've talked with many new photographers and one of the biggest issues that comes up is how to carry all their gear. When you bought your first SLR, it probably came with a lens and you maybe bought one more. It was easy to fit your entire outfit into a small camera bag. However, if you are like me, you quickly added to your list of gear with different lenses, flashes, filters, extra batteries, extra memory cards, a second camera, and so on. Before I knew it, I had outgrown not one, but TWO small camera bags! So, today I thought I would share with you my bag of choice for hauling all of my main gear around.

When I began my search, there were lots of good choices, but I felt the Tamrac Expedition 7X was the bag for me. There are actually 5 different sizes of backpacks in this line, and this is the next to largest. This bag easily holds both of my camera bodies, 8 lenses, filters, filters, straps, cleaning supplies, and light meter all on the inside of the bag. The outside features other pockets where I keep extra batteries and memory cards. The slots for memory cards are great because they feature a small red flap that either can go on the outside or inside of the small pocket to let you know which cards are full and which are empty. The outside of the bag also holds a standard size tripod.

Of course, one of the biggest selling points for me, was the dedicated laptop compartment. Now I can have all of my gear with me at a shoot and even take the pictures directly into my MacBook Pro. And even though the backpack is relatively large, it still can be carried on an airplane so you can keep everything with you! Great bag!

tmrcexpeditionx_1

tmrcexpeditionx_2

No comments:

Post a Comment