Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Interesting Places

This blog is all about us becoming better photographers and getting better pictures. And although most of the time that means talking about technique, equipment, etc., today it's about something that is way easier to understand. I've read in more than one photography book that "if you want to more interesting pictures, put your camera in more interesting places."

It sounds so simple, but how often do we go somewhere with for sole reason of taking great pictures? I know that it's hard enough to travel, especially with kids and the cost, but if we are to be better photographers, we need to take pictures of the beautiful and interesting places that God put on this earth.

So... I'm am going to start planning at least one international and one national photo trip each year. No, I haven't told Brooke yet, but I think she'll go for it... maybe. But until she says no, here's the details... this year I will start with just a national trip sometime in the late fall. It will be a short trip to somewhere in the north east where the colors are gorgeous that time of year and the pictures will be the kind of pictures you can only take in that area at that time of the year. So if you are interested in taking a 3-day trip with me this fall with the sole purpose of taking great pictures, please email me or comment here and I'll let you know when I nail down the specifics. This could turn out to be a really fun group that has the two trips to look forward to each year!

I'll leave you today with three pictures:

moreinterestingplces_1
This is a port on the coast of Honduras.

moreinterestingplces_2
I took this in the jungle in Ecuador.

moreinterestingplces_3
Machu Pichu in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment