Friday, August 8, 2008

Clean Your Sensor

Sorry about not blogging yesterday. I took both cameras in to have the sensors cleaned which led me to blog about having that done. If you have ever started having little spots (dust, hair, etc.) on your pictures that show up in the same spot on every picture, it's time to have your sensor cleaned. My advice is to NOT try to do this on your own. You've invested a lot of money on your DSLR, why not have a professional take care of it for you. You can damage your camera if you attempt this on your own without knowing exactly what you are doing.

Here's a picture from last week's family portrait session, and you can see how filthy my sensor was:

clenyoursensor_1

You can see in the sky, water, on their shirts and skin, all the dust and junk that was attached to my sensor, and believe me, it was a PAIN to remove all the stuff in PS. This happens whenever you are changing lenses often. So try to change lenses very quickly. Always have the lens cap off of the new lens before you take the old one off. Also, hold your camera facing down so dust won't fall right into it.

So today I got the cameras back and they look great. Looking forward to getting out and shooting some this weekend.

By the way, if you are in Central Florida, I get my sensors cleaned at:

Southern Photo Technical Service
606 Virginia Dr., Orlando FL 32803

The cost is $45 per camera and usually takes less than 24 hours which is much cheaper and quicker than Ritz or Wolfe Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment