Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Blur Assignment

Welcome back to Assignment Wednesday! This week you were to capture motion by using a slow shutter speed so that your moving subject would be blurred out but keeping the rest of the frame in focus. I had thought I would take a picture at night on a busy interstate, but we've all seen those pictures where the headlights look like a long strand of neon. So I got my two favorite models (Brooke & Ainsley) to help me with this picture.

We went to the park and Brooke started swinging Ainsley around. They were moving so fast, my first few tries, I couldn't see them at all in the picture. So I didn't need as slow a shutter speed as I originally thought. Even the keeper was shot at 0.6 of a second and that may have been too fast. But... here it is:

blurssignment_1

Looks like fun, doesn't it?

Next week's assignment:

---BOKEH---

The parts of your frame in front of and behind your subject that are out of focus. Bokeh is what makes an outdoor portrait look so great to most people. A few different things can affect the quality and the amount of bokeh you will get in a picture:

1. Your aperture (the bigger the aperture, the shallower depth of field you will have)
2. The distance your subject is from the foreground or background (the further away, the more bokeh you will get)
3. Your lens (different lenses have different qualities of bokeh... aka... you get what you pay for)

No comments:

Post a Comment