Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bokeh Assignment

To get good bokeh, you need a couple of things:

-a good fast lens (one that offers big apertures)
-space between your subject and the background, foreground

In this picture, I was using my 70-200 f/2.8 lens which is great glass and I was zoomed in at 170mm. The background is not only blurred out, but it is a very pleasant look with those little circles of blur that you see.

bokehssignment_1

There was nothing in the foreground because I was zoomed in so far, so there is no bokeh to be had in front of my subjects. I'd love to see some of your shots from this week so comment below with a link to them.

Next week's assignment is:

-- Sunset/Sunrise --

One of the most common photographs is that of a sunrise or sunset, so get out there early or late and see how creative you can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment