Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Lens Solution

onelenssolution_1

If you're looking to buy a lens and can only afford one, or you need a lens that can do just about everything so you don't have to carry too much gear, then look no further than the Nikon 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 G ED with VR. I own lenses that cost much more and go all the way down to F/2.8, but if I'm going to be shooting all day, or I'm flying home to see the grandparents for the week, this is the lens I grab.

It covers the entire zoom range from 18-200 wonderfully, and with the VR (Vibration Reduction), I can shoot handheld at 2 to 3 F-stops higher. Take an SB800 that I can fire wirelessly and I'm set. I'm not sure what Canon offers that is comparable, because I don't have a Canon, but I'm sure they have something so look into it. Here are a few shots that I've taken with the 18-200 VR:

onelenssolution_2

onelenssolution_3

onelenssolution_4

onelenssolution_5

onelenssolution_6

onelenssolution_7

onelenssolution_8

No comments:

Post a Comment