Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. Of course with a two-year-old and a three-month-old, there wasn't a lot of romance going on (if you know what I mean). We did, however, get to go out to dinner to a nice restaurant on Saturday night to celebrate.

You know I'm a "strobist" and love using off-camera flash to get great shots, but when my wife sat down at her seat at the restaurant, it was almost like they had made that seat just for studio lighting! There was a glass door in front of her that made for a great main light, a light above and slightly behind her making a great hair light and rimming her out nicely, and great ambient light to boot. I grabbed my camera, took one shot and got this frame:
hppynniversry_1
Sometimes, it's just that easy!

Here is the family shot I took before we left for dinner. There is one SB800 camera right and almost directly above us shooting through a Lastolite Tri-Grip Diffuser and another SB800 bare at a much lower power (1/128) behind us to camera left.
hppynniversry_2
Is that a good looking family or what!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment