Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post Of The Year

Happy New Year's Eve to you! Thanks to all of you who read this blog for making this such a successful first year. I started this blog on May 4th, and this is my 125th post! I'm going to finish off this year with a great photo I took this afternoon of Ainsley in the studio (garage). I've even included a set-up photo for you so you can see how I did it.

What I did:

1. main light was an SB800 in my DIY beauty dish just to camera left and high above her
2. back lights were SB800's in partially closed umbrellas trying to control the spill of the light
3. back drop was a piece of white felt
4. shot with my 24-70 lens at 62mm.
5. manual mode at 1/250 and f/4.0 with ISO of 400
6. main light was TTL
7. back lights were manual at 1/10 power

Here is the final picture cropped the way I would use it:

ainsley-white-hat-crop-web

Here is the full final picture:

ainsley-white-hat-web

Here is the set-up picture:

setup-shot-web

I know, I know... she's adorable! Have a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment