Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Portraits

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day! We enjoyed my parents and Johnny & Jess being in town. We had a ton of food, played the Wii, and spent way too much time trying to get a family portrait where everyone, including both kids, were smiling and looking just right. I'm not sure if we got it or not, but here is the keeper from the bunch:

big-family-picture-web

Here's the setup: I used two SB800 with shoot-thru umbrellas at 45* on each side. I then used another bare SB800 behind us to give some separation from the background. The setup really wasn't the hard part, it was getting Ainsley to smile! A huge "Thank You" goes out to our neighbor Lynn who came over and stood at the camera to keep the kids attention and make them laugh.

When we were done with this one, we moved to the Christmas tree with one of the umbrellas and had to position it so you couldn't see its reflection in the windows. Here's my favorite shot of the kids:

kids-tree-web

Have a great weekend and I'll see you here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment