Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Perspective Assignment

Your assignment this past week was to get a different perspective... to move around, to get higher or lower than your subject, or to shoot from a different direction. Maybe use a wide angle lens if your first instinct is to use your telephoto. Exercises like these will help you to see things in new ways.

My picture from this week was taken of my kids in the foyer of my house. I thought the dark hardwood floor would make a great background so I grabbed a ladder and made a portrait from above. I think it turned out great:

perspectivessignment_1

As always, you can click on the picture for a larger version.

Comment to this blog with a link to your picture so we can see it. Hope you had fun!

Next week's assignment:

-- Get a Flickr Account!! --

It's the easiest way to share your photos and it's free! You also will get an URL for every photo you upload so it will be easy to link to it from the comment form on my blog. Maybe this way we will get more photos to look at. So go do it! Here's the link:

perspectivessignment_2

No comments:

Post a Comment