Saturday, November 22, 2008

Piper

This afternoon I had the opportunity to shoot some family portraits for the Barshay family. They were all together to celebrate the 40th anniversary of their parents. 40 years! What a blessing! Stephen May helped me out with the shoot and I owe him big time. You see, Thursday night I ended up in the emergency room after getting hit in in the back during a flag football game. My ribs are totally bruised and I could barely move Thursday night and all day Friday. I was feeling much better today, but there's no way I could have gotten through the session without Stephen's help.

Back to the title of this blog... the little girl in the family was named Piper and she was NOT happy about getting her picture made. In fact, she did not look too happy in most of the pictures. But we were about done with her immediately family's shots when her parents started to tickle her. Everything to that point had been very formal so I was loving it! Finally some emotion! I zoomed in on Piper and got the shot of the day! I don't think it was what this family was looking for, but I loved it! For this shot, Stephen was to my left holding an SB800 in one hand shooting through a Lastolite Translucent Diffuser which he held in the other hand. Easy lighting!

piper-web

Put it in a magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment